Biznab
𝕏fin

GitHub Confirms Hackers Stole Data from Internal Repositories

GitHub reported that attackers accessed and exfiltrated data from thousands of its internal repositories. The company stated it found no evidence that customer data was compromised.

Biznab Editor
·
GitHub Confirms Hackers Stole Data from Internal Repositories

GitHub disclosed on Tuesday that it had identified a security incident involving unauthorized access to its internal systems. The code hosting platform said attackers managed to steal data from thousands of its private repositories. The breach was discovered during a routine security review, prompting an immediate investigation.

The company emphasized that the stolen data originated from internal repositories used for development and operations. GitHub clarified that no customer repositories or personal information were accessed in the incident. The attackers exploited a vulnerability in a third-party service integrated with GitHub's infrastructure.

GitHub's security team has since patched the vulnerability and is working with law enforcement. The company is also notifying affected users and implementing additional security measures. The incident underscores ongoing risks in software supply chain security, where attackers target development tools and internal systems.

GitHub has not disclosed the exact number of repositories affected, but described the breach as limited in scope. The company stated that the attackers did not gain access to production systems or customer data. GitHub advised users to review their own security practices and enable two-factor authentication.

This incident follows a trend of cyberattacks targeting code repositories and development platforms. In recent years, similar breaches have affected other tech companies, highlighting the value of source code and internal documentation to malicious actors. GitHub's response includes enhanced monitoring and stricter access controls.

GitHub has not provided a timeline for when the breach occurred or when it was fully contained. The company said it will release more details as its investigation progresses. Users are encouraged to report any suspicious activity related to their GitHub accounts.

GitHub reiterated its commitment to security and transparency, stating that it will continue to update the community. The company operates one of the largest code hosting platforms, serving millions of developers worldwide. This incident serves as a reminder of the persistent threats facing the software development ecosystem.

💡 Try our tool for this topic

Blur Face

Blur private areas in photos

Next Story

Trump Mobile accused of leaking customer addresses and phone numbers

Trump Mobile has been accused of insecurely storing customer data, exposing addresses and phone numbers. The alleged leak also revealed that T1 Phone pre-orders are far fewer than viral figures claimed.

Biznab Editor
·
Trump Mobile accused of leaking customer addresses and phone numbers

Trump Mobile faces allegations of insecure data storage, with customer addresses and phone numbers potentially exposed. The T1 Phone, which was scheduled to start shipping last week, is at the center of the controversy. YouTuber voidzilla first reported the apparent leak after being tipped off by an anonymous individual who discovered a vulnerability in the Trump Mobile website. The hacker claims they were able to place fake orders and scrape the entire pre-order database, accessing emails, phone numbers, and mailing addresses. The alleged leak also revealed the number of T1 Phone orders placed, which is significantly lower than viral figures have suggested. Trump Mobile has not yet commented on the allegations. The company had been promoting the T1 Phone as a secure device, making the reported data exposure particularly concerning for customers. The full story is available at The Verge.

Block Rush Pro
Block Rush Pro
Next Story

Ocean Raises $28M for AI Email Security Platform to Combat Phishing

Ocean, an agentic email security platform, raised $28 million to fight AI-powered phishing. Its AI analyzes email context to detect fraud and impersonation.

Biznab Editor
·
Ocean Raises $28M for AI Email Security Platform to Combat Phishing

Ocean, an email security startup, announced it has raised $28 million in funding. The company's platform uses artificial intelligence to analyze the context of incoming emails, aiming to detect sophisticated phishing and impersonation attempts. The funding round was led by a prominent venture capital firm, with participation from existing investors.

The platform employs what Ocean calls "agentic" AI, which goes beyond traditional email filtering. Instead of relying solely on known threat signatures or simple rule-based detection, Ocean's system examines the full context of each message, including sender behavior, language patterns, and relationship dynamics. This approach is designed to catch advanced social engineering attacks that often bypass conventional security measures.

Ocean's technology was developed by a founder with a background in cybersecurity research, including work on systems similar to Israel's Iron Dome missile defense. The founder's experience in high-stakes threat detection informed the design of Ocean's AI, which aims to adapt to evolving attack techniques in real time.

The company reports that its platform can identify subtle indicators of fraud, such as unusual requests for sensitive information or slight deviations in communication style. Ocean claims its AI reduces false positives compared to traditional email security tools, allowing legitimate emails to reach users without interruption.

Ocean plans to use the new funding to expand its engineering team and accelerate product development. The company also intends to scale its sales and marketing efforts to reach more enterprise customers. Ocean's platform integrates with major email providers like Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace.

The $28 million funding round brings Ocean's total raised to date to $35 million. The company did not disclose its valuation. Ocean's customers include several Fortune 500 companies, though the startup declined to name them.

Ocean's platform is available now for businesses of all sizes. Pricing is based on the number of users and starts at $5 per user per month. The company offers a free trial for prospective customers.

"Our mission is to make email safe for everyone," said Ocean's founder and CEO in a statement. "With this funding, we can accelerate our work to stop AI-powered phishing attacks before they cause harm."

Fireball Burn
Fireball Burn
Next Story

Discord Rolls Out End-to-End Encryption for All Voice and Video Calls

Discord has enabled end-to-end encryption for all voice and video calls, ensuring that no one, including Discord, can access the content. The feature is now available to all users across platforms.

Biznab Editor
·
Discord Rolls Out End-to-End Encryption for All Voice and Video Calls

Discord announced on Tuesday that it has implemented end-to-end encryption for all voice and video calls on its platform. The move affects the company's hundreds of millions of users worldwide, providing a significant privacy upgrade. The encryption ensures that call content remains scrambled and inaccessible to Discord or any third parties.

The feature is now live across all platforms, including desktop, web, and mobile apps. Users do not need to take any action to enable it, as the encryption is applied automatically to every voice and video call. Discord confirmed that the encryption covers both one-on-one and group calls.

Discord's encryption protocol is based on the Signal Protocol, a widely respected standard used by messaging apps like Signal and WhatsApp. The company stated that the encryption keys are generated and stored locally on users' devices, preventing Discord from accessing them. This means that even if Discord were compelled to hand over call data, it would be unable to decrypt it.

The rollout follows years of development and testing. Discord first introduced end-to-end encryption for voice calls in a limited beta in 2022, but the feature was not widely available. The company has now expanded it to all users after refining the implementation and ensuring performance stability.

Privacy advocates have long called for Discord to adopt end-to-end encryption, given the platform's popularity among gamers and communities that discuss sensitive topics. The company's previous stance was that encryption could hinder its ability to moderate harmful content, such as child abuse material. However, Discord has since developed alternative moderation tools that do not rely on accessing call content.

Discord emphasized that the encryption does not affect its ability to moderate text-based content, which remains subject to scanning for policy violations. The company uses machine learning and user reports to detect abusive behavior in text channels and direct messages. Voice and video calls, however, are now fully protected.

The update is available immediately for all users on Discord's latest app versions. Users on older versions may need to update their apps to benefit from the encryption. Discord recommends keeping apps up to date to ensure the best security and performance.

Discord's announcement comes amid a broader industry push toward stronger encryption. Competitors like Telegram and WhatsApp have offered end-to-end encryption for calls for years. With this move, Discord closes a major gap in its security offerings, potentially attracting privacy-conscious users.

"We believe that privacy is a fundamental right, and we are committed to protecting our users' conversations," a Discord spokesperson said in a statement. "End-to-end encryption for voice and video calls is a critical step in that commitment."

Space Hero X
Space Hero X
Next Story

Take It Down Act fully in force, requiring social platforms to remove sexual deepfakes

The Take It Down Act, signed by President Trump in May 2025, is now fully in effect as of May 19, 2026. The law mandates social networks to swiftly remove nonconsensual intimate imagery, including AI-generated deepfakes, but experts warn it may enable censorship and offer limited victim protection.

Biznab Editor
·
Take It Down Act fully in force, requiring social platforms to remove sexual deepfakes

A federal law compelling social media platforms to expeditiously delete sexual deepfakes and other nonconsensual intimate imagery took full effect on May 19, 2026. The Take It Down Act, signed by President Donald Trump in May 2025, criminalized the distribution of nonconsensual intimate imagery (NCII) upon signing, covering both real and AI-generated content. Many states already had partial laws addressing such material. The law's more expansive takedown provision, however, required a one-year implementation period before becoming enforceable.

The provision now obligates social networks to remove reported NCII within a specified timeframe or face legal consequences. The legislation aims to address the growing proliferation of deepfake pornography and revenge porn, which have caused significant harm to victims, including minors. Proponents argue the law provides a critical tool for victims to quickly scrub abusive content from major platforms.

Critics, however, raise concerns about the law's potential for misuse. Free speech advocates warn that the broad definition of NCII could be exploited to censor legitimate content, such as political speech or artistic expression. The requirement for rapid takedowns may pressure platforms to err on the side of removal, potentially suppressing lawful material without due process.

Victim advocacy groups also question the law's effectiveness. They note that while the takedown provision targets hosting platforms, it does not address the original uploaders or the creation of deepfakes. The law's criminal penalties for distribution may deter some offenders, but enforcement remains challenging, especially for content originating overseas.

The law applies to all social media platforms operating in the United States, including major players like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and X. Companies must establish clear reporting mechanisms and respond to valid takedown requests promptly. Failure to comply could result in fines or other penalties from the Federal Trade Commission.

Implementation details have been closely watched by tech companies, which have lobbied for clear guidelines to avoid over-censorship. The law includes exceptions for content posted with consent or for legitimate public interest purposes, such as news reporting. However, critics argue these exceptions are narrowly defined and may not adequately protect free expression.

As the law takes full effect, its impact remains uncertain. The Verge reports that experts are divided on whether the measure will meaningfully reduce the spread of nonconsensual imagery or simply shift the burden onto platforms. Some predict an increase in automated content moderation, which could lead to errors and false removals.

The Take It Down Act represents a significant federal intervention in online content moderation. Its success or failure may shape future legislation addressing AI-generated abuse and platform accountability. For now, victims have a new legal avenue to request removal, but the law's broader consequences are yet to be seen.

Related News